Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amarillo Centro de Diseno, April 7-9, 2011
On April 7-9, 2011 I will be at Amarillo Centro de Diseno, in Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico hosting a workshop and exhibiting some of my work. The image below is the poster that I made for the event, which is inspired by Xalapa, the birthplace of "Florecita," or Little Flower. The illustration is a 3 colour silkscreen that will be created by the design collective for the show - I cannot wait to see it! I thought it would be interesting to include some of the sketch work that I did leading up to the final image. Many thanks to Amarillo Centro de Diseno for inviting me, and to my great friend Yuko Shimizu for putting us in touch. Hasta pronto!





2 comments:

Tami Cohen said...

wow every step of the way it's just gorgeous. you are such a talent

Marcos Chin said...

thanks BC! it's been a while since i've shown any of my sketch to final process