Sunday, June 16, 2013

YEE YEE + Renegade Craft Fair, part 1



photos by Steven Chu
I've been working on creating a few new Tshirts to sell at the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn, this weekend June 22 & 23; here are the latest ones. I've expanded my Love Is Cool collection to include a "Full Floral T", and also a "Big Heart Tank." I'm heavily shifting towards prints and pattern; I feel this makes sense being an Illustrator, but also, I'm a lot of fun doing it. Below are some photos that were taken by the artist Steven Chu.We collaborated to come up with some ideas that were strangely, playful and beautiful. I created the props using paper and foam core board, and then silkscreened my prints onto them. Also, I created some sculptureal pieces that were cut, sewn and stuffed to created a kind of visceral toy chain, in one of the shoots. Thank you to Mikee and Glenn who were amazing models. The shoot was not easy! But it was fun! Thank you also to Santos party house for lending us the space. The Brooklyn Renegade Craft Fair is on Sat + Sun, June 22 + 23, 11:00am-7:00pm in East River State Park, on North 8th Street, and Kent Avenue. I'll be selling some of my Tshirts and silkscreen prints. I hope to see you there!

No comments: