Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vasovagal

I fainted last night.
I fainted in front of my students, while teaching in class.
I was unconscious only for a short period of time, at least that's what I was told.
Only a few seconds.
I have no memory of it even happening; it felt as though somebody hit the power-off switch in my brain, and I suddenly collapsed. Not to diminish the experience but shortly before regaining consciousness, I had what I think was a dream -- and Britney Spears was in it.
Mikee said that she was my sprit guide?
I always thought that if I did have any kind of spirit guide it would be someone like Zora Neale Hurston or someone with the voice of Maya Angelou, or Toni Morrison.
While I was unconscious, Britney never spoke to me, but I wonder had she done so, if the voice of Ms Angelou would have come out of her lips.

~


Before going to sleep last night, I asked myself what I was supposed to learn from this experience. I sometimes do this; if there is a question which needs answering, I ask myself this question over and over again, until I fall asleep. 

I woke up with an answer.
Well, more like a question,

Think of all the things that you have in your life and how much they're worth. 


I'm 38 years old, and in what I believe is the best health that I've been in over the past 7 years. 

Although, I'm no spring chicken, I do believe it was chicken that may have been the catalyst for my all-day-nausea, and eventual fainting spell in the evening.


I wonder if I had been under for a few seconds longer what Britney would have said?


2 comments:

twobyfour said...

"Choose the salmon."

Marcos Chin said...

agreed twobyfour :-D... i can't even think of chicken now without feeling nauseous...